Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

05-11-10

Today I followed a creative idea that I had years ago. I had designed a dress that could be made into many outfits. I drew this dress and wanted to make it. When I was looking through my sketch pad I found the dress. So I took action. I had many thoughts about my process. I was scared to show a seamstress. Maybe it is a stupid idea. I don't have the whole idea together. I don't know if it is good for this time, like maybe it is out of style.
Then I thought why don't I let go of any kind of outcome. Just go talk with a friend. So that is what I did.
We bought a pattern that we can change to my style. We got a material that I could wear to work and many places. So Is still hear the voice, Maybe it is the wrong material. What if it turns out badly. So what? At least I headed in a direction that I had always wanted to do.
My challenge to you is to ask yourself if you put attachments onto your creations. What does that voice keep saying, Mine has gotten so much better but I really listened to it and it was still blabbing. I am still detaching as we speak. I will tell you how this dress turns out. Maybe even have pictures. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment