Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Thursday, February 4, 2010

02-04-10

OK. I brought a tree into the house. I saw a man trimming someones trees in their yard while I was on a walk with a friend and they were so awesome, I asked what he was doing with them. He was just going to take them to the dump of all places. So I proceeded to pick out one and carry it to my little SUV. With my friends help we put down all the seats in my car and loaded the tree branch. It actually looks like a tree itself.
The reason I am telling you this is now it is in my Art Salon which is in a corner of my living room.
Yes, I have a tree standing over 7 feet with gorgeous branches in my living room. I love it. I have no idea if my husband will love it. He has seen me bringing home sage brush from eastern Oregon, rocks, sand, sticks, broken glass, pieces of metal, you name it from anywhere I go. As if we need more stuff. I see potential in about everything.
We recently went to a recycling place. I was in heaven, I only spent 13.00 and I have pieces of wood, electrical outlets, switches, things I don't even know what they are. I love it. I am creating. I have created a safe place to create. My husband has accepted on some level this need in me to create and create from nothing to something. I think maybe he has even gotten in the flow a little.
My challenge for you today is to look at things in a new way. What could you create out of your recycling? What could you make with what you already have? Even if it is a story, a picture, a present for someone. I love my tree in my house, I have it wrapped into a chair to help it stand tall and it is awesome. Sometimes I can't keep a living plant alive so this is perfect. The light shines on it and it is magnificent in my Art Salon. Wait till my 23 year old son sees it, he will think mom has lost a little more of her mind. Oh Well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment