Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

02-23-10

I am so excited. I just can't hide it. I know, I know and I think I like it. I think that that song has already been written, but I like it and it is how I have felt today.
First thing I did was allow a new song come to me. I haven't written a song in a long time. I listened and there were the lyrics and the melody. I even know the words by heart already. Maybe they were engraved in my heart when I was made. Or when I was created. The day has been ever so gratifying starting with that and then moving into my welding project and putting on my welding clothes and design in hand heading out to Coyote Steel to pick up my first big sheet of metal. I was cool. IT was pouring down rain, but I didn't care. Welders don't care. I had my design in hand, a van to haul it home, a debit card in my back pocket and my glasses in case I had to actually see close up. I didn't think a purse was appropriate for a welder in her gear. Jeans, cotton shirt, hat and gloves.. I didn't wear the leather gloves, that was just in case I had to carry something.
I got a huge piece of sweet steel and it was 12.00 I was in heaven. Very proud and grateful. I bought a piece of soap stone so I can put my design on the metal and cut it out in class tonight. I have a plan. I do all the plasma cutting in class and bring the pieces home as I will have a MIG welder soon. I got one for my birthday. YEAH!!! I also got a solar helmet, all the cool welders have them. Now all I need is my motorcycle and that is on its way. I know it! Hair in a ponytail, no make up and hard toed shoes. I am looking the best ever. There is a smile on my face. Thank you everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your happiness through your words!... I also have a blog, it's mostly just stuff, not meaningful like yours, but you're sure welcome to come visit it! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete