Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

06-09-10

What do I want to write about? So much is happening in the inner creative world. New experiences, new conversations, new sensations, new choices, new self talk. I just decided. I have a conflict of feelings. I wanted to find something that no one had created here in the US or that I don't believe has been created. When I was in Switzerland I saw a few great things that were very sell able (I loved them) and I have never seen them here in the US so I bought one of them.
I was so excited and it actually took me months to learn how to make them, they were just bead work but in an unusual configuration. I loved them and gave them to my friends, they loved them. Now, I have been asked by a new friend if she can make them and sell them because she doesn't want to loose my friendship over a creative venture. I told her I didn't mind. She even asked 2 times and I said I didn't mind. To please her I said I didn't mind. Another reason is that there is always enough to go around philosophy. Then today I asked another creative friend if I could bring my beading and a couple other creative projects of mine to sell with her creations (which I would never make and sell because they are hers) and she said yes. Then she continued to say that she had told a friend that was into beadwork that she could make things like mine (and proceeded to show her my gift to her). Why does this bother me so much? In my mind I am saying this is my creation? I wanted to bring something new to this country.
Well, how do I let this go. I have my standard and they have theirs. Creation is creation and in truth I didn't create this. I designed bead work in the configuration of this already created works. I almost feel like I need to apologize for being so proud and so generous. I gave these out with love generosity and now everyone is going to be making them for profit. I don't know how this works. I guess I stole an idea and brought it to a new area and now the idea is being used by dear friends. My challenge and I would like you to take a look at this is, creation is upon inspiration from creation. Do you feel you have ever stolen an idea and created from it? Is it really stealing when everyone is different anyway. 2,000 people can make the same thing and it is all different. I really don't want to feel this, and I don't want anyone else to feel this, so let us all take a look at how this works in our creative life. Integrity in creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment