Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Saturday, April 10, 2010

01-10-10

Today I am going to focus on rushing and getting ready to go on a trip. Because I have gotten more done in this rush to pack things up than I have in the last month. I really let things go until I really have to clean them up for my sanity. I got about 10 messes cleaned up while packing for 3 different occasions. I have my energy back and I am grounded in that energy. I have clarity in my mind and my body feels healthy. I have been focusing on this with my mind work, eating better and not allowing things to pull me down. Even with vertigo. Being a dizzy broad.
The challenge I have today I have been given by workmates and myself obviously. I want you to eat a conscious meal today. Even if it is lunch, a snack, or whatever is going into your mouth to nourish you, fuel you and heal you. Here are some of the guide lines. Prepare the food mindfully, you could even act like you are on a food network show, knowing each ingredient and really acknowledging it. Then pick out your favoite plate or bowl, utensils etc. Pick a place that you only eat when you feel special, or pick a new place that is sceneic or comfortable. Napkin at hand, sit and recognize the food before you put a bite in your mouth. I am grateful for this nourishment that my body needs for fuel and to have the energy to have a wonderful day. Then take a bite. Put the spoon or food down and have your hands emptpy, chew. and chew some more, as you chew tell yourself that this is keeping you healthy and all your cells are happy about the fiber, the protein, the carbs even the fats that you are putting in your lovely body. Then keep chewing until the whole thing is gone. This is not easy. Then take another bite and do the same thing or add your own gratitude and acknowledgment of what food really does for you. IF YOU are looking outside or are outside chew and notice your surroundings. Chew all the way don't stop before you are done. I actually started to get up from my dining room table while I was still chewing because it was time to get going again. I sat back down. Then I kept chewing until it was gone. I took notice of my stomach and I was full with only eating half of what I had planned or what was on my plate. I was full enough. I wasn't too full, half full, still hungry or anything, I was just right. Conscious eating, what a difference this makes. We eat while on the run, without knowing what goes into our mouth. We have a million excuses. Try it you will like it. I wonder how many other things we do unconsciously and without being grateful for that gift. That creation to keep us alive. Water, showers, bathrooms and on and on. Be aware today even if it is for one quick meal...don't make it too quick. No excuses, you can do this on a 10 minute break.

No comments:

Post a Comment