Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Sunday, April 18, 2010

04-18-10

I had written quite a bit on this blog and accidentally lost it. I am moving to a place of complete serenity. My post today is about awe and wonder. I am taking in the room that I moved to to write this blog. I call it the ocean room. I have pictures I have painted of ocean landscapes, I have a fish open to the universe, I have colors with sand and ocean balls. It is very peaceful.
I will go back to what I was writing originally. Wonder of touch, Wonder of smells, wonder of sound. What do you think of all of this?
Could a sound provoke a feeling, or an image that might turn into a story. Smells really conduct reactions in the human body. I have a friend that really had senses that I didn't understand. Like textiles, flowers, anything, and every little things she just got it. I was going to fast and not getting it. I envied her. I really did. I wanted to be in that moment and have that sensation of beauty and expression.
I had to have fake fingernais for a movie part and I had to have them for quite a long time. It made me experience everything differently. Not good or bad but a new. I once had a thing for wearing different shoes every day so I would force myself to be in the moment with my feet on the ground. This is not a bad practice. You may want to try it. It is like walking in the sand or on gravel or on grass or on high, high heels. All a different experience.
My challenge for you today (which will probably be tomorrow since it is so late), is to see just how much awe and wonder you put into your day? Do you really touch things and experience that touch? Do you smell and feel how that makes you feel? It is like smelling Christmas dinner, or Thanksgiving dinner, what does that evoke in you? Look around like a small child and see everything a new, as if you have never ever seen it before or experienced it.
Good night and an even better tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment