Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Sunday, April 4, 2010

04-04-10

Happy Easter. The best way to have Easter this year is to not get out of my sweat pants and to do nothing but watch TV, take a nap and get the dinner ready. Yesterday I was having trouble writing this blog. And I went to a wedding and I didn't enjoy that either. I came right home and didn't go to the reception that I was looking so forward too.
This morning I still felt weird. It was ego. I was selfish again. I was self centered and had expectations of the wedding and peoples actions etc. It wasn't like that at all so what happened to me. I felt numb, tired, uninterested. Ego, not spirit. Spirit to me is love, for myself and others. This was about the bride and the groom and their love. Not me, my outfit, my friends and their reactions. This is a pattern with me. I really don't like admitting it. But it is the truth. The Celebration of Life I went to, then this wedding, it is not about me. Until today that is what I did. Now I can look at it different and do it different. It is about giving what I want. Paying attention to others. Seeing them and how wonderful they are. I have always heard give what you want to receive. Well, that is what I am going to do.
My challenge to you is to take a look at your life and ask yourself, are you giving others what you want to receive. You can start right now. Until today I did it this way and now I do it in a fresh and new way. This is as old as Jesus and even before that I am sure. Let's turn this around. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment