Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Saturday, January 2, 2010

01-02-10

Creating a safe place to create has to start in our minds. If we are constantly listening to the talking head, we have no room to create. The past, what they just said, what did they mean when they said that. Oh, I did it again, why do I always make a mess of that. I am so tired of that happening again. They don't like me. I am scared of meeting those people. The mind can go on and on, over and over the same things.
Listening to this jabber is the first step, because then you know it is actually going on. If you can't hear it it is probably controlling you and you are out of touch with what is actually happening right now. Like I can hear water dripping, I can hear my fingers typing and my stomach just growled and I feel like I am in this moment.
Creating is in the moment. You may be feeling angry and you create out of that anger, but you are in the moment with anger. You have created a space that you can create out of instead of not listening to this feeling.
Making a space in your mind, learning how to stop the chatter, accept what comes up and allow it to gently go away can bring you to a place where you feel inspired. Music, meditation, exercise are a few ways of getting out of the jabber and into your body at this moment.
Have a great creative day, or a creative moment and know it is safe to be you and to create from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment