Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Saturday, January 9, 2010

01-09-10

Balance. What does that mean to you? I actually heard a different view on it today and it made sense to me. I would say balance is an even amount of things, that would be balanced, equal proportions may be a better way to say how I thought of balance. Or standing on one foot and keeping my balance. In life it would be equal work and play time etc. But what I read today said balance is more like a recipe, where you don't always have equal proportions you still have a balance that makes the recipe perfect. The perfect balance may have a little more rest, a little less food, add a splash of exercise.
It could be 5 days of work, 1/2 hr of meditation a day, Saturday is shopping day, and Sunday you see family. And you feel balanced. They are not of equal proportions but you have some of everything that you need.
My challenge to you today is find 3 things you believe to be in balance in your life. I want you to remember when you look outside what things are balanced in nature? When I look outside it must be the perfect balance or my birds wouldn't be so happy, and our squirrels would move to another bunch of trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment