Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

01-27-10

OK. I am thinking about people that suck you dry. I read an article about being around supportive people and not people that are energy vampires, or psychological vampires that may want to sabotage you and your ideas or you creativity. Have you ever been excited about this idea that popped into you brain and shared it with someone, and they immediately burst your enthusiasm into doubt. I have had that happen quite a few times. Sometimes I speak to soon, or I can't explain my idea in such detail that another may get the drift. And then sometimes I think people don't want to hear excitement in your voice and they may not have had a good exciting idea in a while. They are stuck and they would really like it to have everyone around them stuck also. I don't think people do this on purpose, but I have heard some really do try and sabotage you at an audition. I believe better in people than that.
Have you ever been used as an example, a bad example at a seminar or class or in front of your peers. I have. It devastated me for years, I stopped writing songs for a while because of it. I stopped singing for years because of it. I stopped playing bass because of it. Do you think there is a pattern here. Yes, there is. And I do know this. I haven't been used as an example for quite a while. I am letting go of the victim that brought this on over and over. If I do something wrong or not how others want, I let go as fast as I can. That is not who I am it is simply something that I did that may not have been the best way to do something. I am human and I am much more humble also.
My challenge today for you and me is to really look at who supports our creative ideas, who fills us with fears and or doubts. Who loves us even with our patterns, who loves us even with our creative ideas they may not understand but they are still there for you. There is a big difference between people that may not see your vision but still believes in you and supports you than a person that hears the idea and just thinks it is stupid, dumb and no chance of going anywhere. Wow, I don't want to be around that last person I discribed, it made me uncomfortable just writing about that kind of energy. I support you in your creative vision.
Go For IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment