Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

01-20-10

Celebrate the Differences. What I found out from my welding class last night is my mind does work in a certain way. I if mine does that that gives me a sign that every ones minds work differently. I would like to thing everyone thought my way then I would be right all the time. And that is a human trait I would just as soon get rid of and say, "Wow, I never thought of it that way, tell me more about how you see it." Instead of saying or thinking, "They are so wrong". Because in this world of outside things I don't like to make conflict and I will do anything to not be in conflict, including tensing up inside and getting righteous. Who Knew?
What I realized last night. I can't weld straight to safe my life. I would try and connect these two pieces of metal and off I go, I take a look and I have moved an inch from straight. I did this over and over and over. Then I looked at the welding and it was a dancing girl. So quickly welded like a painting 2 other dancing girls. My 3 dancing girls was a breakthrough. Then I made trees and more trees, a heart and then I tried to weld straight as a design. And as long as I was trying to make a straight tree, or the land was straight, I had a much better chance. I saw thay my brain was used to drawing, painting, creating on that level. But tell me I have to go straight for the sake of that, I got all tense and had no idea how to do it and it was so frustrating. I came home with many pieces of art. My 3 dancing girls, my trees, a heart and then just a random design.
My challenge for me and you today is take a look at how your brain works. Now that I saw that from welding Ialso saw how I made my husband wrong in my head. He has a living right to have his differences, doesn't make him wrong. Doesn't make me right, it simply is. The challenge is to ackowledge the differences even if it is simply in your own mind. My tension released and I can live in a more loving, creative, celebrating world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment