Newest Cooper

Newest Cooper

Sunday, March 14, 2010

03-14-10

Have you ever got so excited because you get to do what you want to do, or what you are driven to do, or created to do? Then wham, you forget your lines, you aren't in your body at an audition, or you never submit your transcript or screenplay (whatever) for fear of rejection? I wanted to sing so bad when I played in a rock band that when I got the chance, I puked after the song and my manager said,"You are never gonna sing on stage again". It took 10 years of therapy and singing classes before I could even try again. I would get sick to my stomach when ever anyone mentioned singing to me. Another example is I have someone very close to me that didn't pursue a large career as a singer even though he was given a great gift and I believe it was out of fear. I think I heard him say that the audition process and proving himself was to stressful. I cannot quote the exact words. But putting yourself out there for any critique could possible be devastating. I know because I chose acting which is like an interview over and over to be rejected to a very large percentage. When I had built up the confidence it wasn't a big deal, but I remember having many panic moments, humiliation, beat myself up for weeks, or years...I don't know if that ever goes away. I hear of famous actors or singers like Barbara Streisand have had performance attacks. You may think, what, a great singer like that scared. Bless her heart for being truthful.
My challenge to you today is to check into your past near and far to see where fear gets in your way. There are many aspects to fear, so you have to really take a close look. Fear likes to hide, or blame, or confuse you. In the Big Picture, does it really matter that you were rejected 43 times, and got a gig once? When you lay on your death bed or look back at your life do you really want to realize it then?
IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment